Are Sonderborg tourism attractions bright?
Sonderborg has ample attractions to last a well planned journey. It has 41 landmarks including marvels like Sonderborg Slot, Grasten Palace and architectural masterpieces like Broager Kirke and Augestinborg Kirke etc. Its score of museums include the prominent ones namely Dybboel Banke, Universe and Papirmuseets By etc. Name anything from theatres, shopping venues, quality restaurants or budget accommodations; Sonderborg has everything in good number.
Ravishing Sonderborg Attractions:
- Sonderborg slot is a castle that was built in 13th century along with the town market which was extended to include tower and few brick buildings in 1539.
- Augustenborg slot is an Italian architecture influenced castle, for 75 years it was a Psychiatric hospital, whose bell tower has a museum exhibiting the Duke family history.
- Dybbol Banke is a history museum that elucidates 1864’s war days and the gunfire sounds and screams takes you back to the era which saw the downfall of Danish Monarchy.
- Nordborg Slotspark is a Castle park which was built in 1151 which is being used as a school and hence is not open for visitors.
- Papirmuseets By is a shop spread in whooping 800m2 land and is projected as a town with streets with its own café and Paper museum.
Travel Sonderborg with the luxury of an economical car rental at your disposal.