Where Svendborg falls on the Tourism graph?
Svendborg is definitely high on the tourism graph with its varied and diverse offerings in addition to splendid sea side activities. With close to hundred landmarks including architectural, historical and religious sites Svendborg raises the bar further with its bunch of museums, parks, gardens, nightlife avenues and shopping arenas.
- Broholm Castle is located in sylvan surroundings complemented by a lake, a park, a moat and an old watermill with its own breed of dogs, restaurants and apple variety.
- Thurø Kirke aka Trinity church was constructed in 1639 using stone and medieval bricks and its cemetery is resting place of various renowned writers and painters.
- Naturama is a natural history museum that focuses water- whale skeletons in basement, land- mammals in middle floor and air- birds at the top floor with fitting sound and lighting.
- Valdemars Slot is a castle, which includes a chapel and a toy museum etc and was built in 1639, presently is owned by Baron Iuel-Brockdorff -the 11th descendant of the Luel family.
- Troense M Gronnegade was home to a fleet of 50 ships, six batyards and shipmasters since 18th century who used to bring wealth and rare plants from distant places.
Get a look at these hooking places and move about Svendborg in a rented car from us.