Does Skanderborg measure up in Tourism?
Indeed, it has a lot of historical sites and unique attractions like the City Park which has a list of offerings like a former library, theatre, concert hall, a Greek theater, a museum and a café encompassed by a volleyball field and a playground. It has a multitude of offerings for nature seekers like The Deer Park and The Lake in addition to annual events like the renowned Skanderborg Festival.
Interesting attractions in Skanderborg
- Skanderborg Museum is store house of the city’s long and ancient history with its five museums and six archives.
- Skanderborg Castle was the most influential in the town’s history which was demolished in late 18th century and Castle church is the only existing remains of the original.
- Skanderborg Lake aka Skanderborg So is a lake that came into existence around Ice Age and is noted for its irregular shape, its two divisions and its small isles.
- The Deer Park is the protagonist of this play which came into being in the 15th century and is home to deer like roe deer, red deer and wild boars etc.
- Skanderborg Festival is the festival held in the Beech Forest every year in the month of August and music of all sorts brings the spirit of Denmark alive.
Rent a car for Skanderborg for the best in industry deals.