Is Skive a tourist’s ideal haven?
With about fifty landmarks and sights including churches, cathedrals, statues, monuments and castles; seventeen good museums, lush parks and gardens like Brokholm So & Naturcenter and Bornenes Paradis Skive Anlaeg with numerous eating, accommodation and outdoor activity places that value both your time and money, Skive is a diehard tourism spot.
Most gratifying attractions in Skive
- Spottrup Borgmuseum is a castle with a moat, towers, a great hall, a church and an unmistakable aura of Middle Ages full of insightful stories.
- Daugbjerg Kalkgruber consist of eerie mine tunnels which come alive with the sounds of the mine workers and the cries of the bats with visual inferences.
- Skive Kirke is a church which was built in late 19th century right next to the old church with its tower facing the north south direction as opposed to the general norms.
- Brokholm So & Naturcenter consists of a lake that reappeared when its 1780s drainage was seized in 1999 and its former pump house is now a lookout tower.
- Galleri Salling is a gallery that exhibits Danish modern art works of renowned or amateur artists via exhibitions and also houses a café and a shop.
Rent a car in Skive for a fun-promised ride.