Is Silkeborg high on tourism quotient?
It has splendid parks and gardens, around two dozen museums, a zoo, an aquarium and numerous historical sites in addition to delicious food options, numerous budget accommodation and nightlife venues. Hence whatever is the purpose of your journey, a bit of time basking in Silkeborg’ sights and offerings will prove relieving and refreshing.
- Himmelbjerget is a hill located near Silkeborg and is 147m high; dating back to Ice Age it presents a spell-bounding view of the Sylvan landscape.
- Tollund Man and Elling Woman is naturally mummified bog bodies of a man and woman who lived around Iron Age out of which Tollund Man is highly preserved.
- Silkeborg Art Museum i.e. KunstCentret Silkeborg Bad is a place that offers an avant-grade mix of art styles and is housed in an 1883 spa resort.
- Labyrinthia is a theme park full with mind boggling mazes and challenges embedded in the rose perfumed surroundings with daring mind games.
- Papirmuseet Bikuben is a museum dedicated to paper and paper making with a resource center housed in a former Silkeborg paper mill.
Rent a car for Silkeborg and get a closer look at the city.