Roskilde is an ancient city that dates back to the Viking era and at present is an education and business hub. It has a Gothic Cathedral that contains 39 tombs of its monarchs. This Scandinavian city was capital of Denmark from the 11th century till late 15th century and during this time it progressed further from its market town beginning. Roskilde Cathedral, Roskilde Palace, Viking Shipping Museum are best among its historical sites. Roskilde festival is the best time to witness the glory of music and Denmark’s culture and is being celebrated every year since 1971.
Worth visiting places near Roskilde Tune Airport
Roskilde is the city that offers amazing variety of places ranging from about a score of Museums and historical sites to abundant nightlife, food and accommodation options.
- Roskilde Cathedral is listed in UNESCO’S heritage sites, build in 13th century it is the burial place of around twenty Danish Kings and seventeen Queens.
- The Viking Ship Museum is home to various original Viking Ships, their recovered burials and a research center that hold the copies of Viking ships.
- Fredenskirken aka Peace Church is located in Viby and consists of a parish room belonging to council offices, a chapel, a church and a standalone bell tower.
- Museet for Samtidskunst has a collection of about 5000 Norwegian and foreign art works and five permanent installations namely Shaft, The Garbage Man, Inner Room V etc.
- Byparken City Park is a stretch of green cover at the center of Roskilde and hosts a lot of events in its picturesque surroundings like free summer concerts.
To visit the vivacious Roskilde, book a car rental for Roskilde Tune Airport in advance and start a joyous trip.