Why visit Vordingborg?
With backdrop of history it also has great places for tourists that offer numerous 21st century facilities. In addition to castle, its golden goose tower and museum, it has historical garden like Historisk-Botanisk Have and Knudsskov, Statue Af Kong Valdemar Sejr, Eos Broenden and is home to festivals that celebrate its culture and history like the Vordingborg annual festival. Hence in addition to all this the multiple restaurants options and hotels complement the package aptly.
Worth visiting places in Vordingborg:
- Vordingborg Borgcenter comprises of two displaying containers for the things found during restoration process of the Vordingborg castle’s moat and is located at the same venue.
- Historisk-Botanisk Have was Denmark’s first historic-botanical Renaissance modeled garden, built in 1921 and houses a collection of pheasant plants and fragments of garden herbs.
- Masnedø Fort is a quaint fort built between 1912 and 1915 on the west coast of the Island Masnedø as per the defense act of 1909.
- Farmorhuset meaning the Grandmother house is a fun family café where adults can enjoy for cozy cup of coffee or cocoa while children play with grandmother toys.
- Vordingborg Castle was built in the 12th century by king Valdemar I. Its ruins consist of curtain wall about 710m long and 8 m in height plus the Goose Tower.
Pre-book a car rental in Vordingborg for a pleasant voyage experience.