What is Kolding famous for?
Mainly Koding is known for its historical attractions but it also offers modern entertainment options such as theatres, cinemas and shopping centers. The design school of Kolding is another famous feature of the city which is the best institution in Denmark in the field of designing. All the attraction in Kolding can be explored easily with a car rental.
Must-See Tourist Attractions in Kolding
- Kolding Castle is the most famous historical castle in the city. It is also the royal palace of the city which was built by King Eric Klipping in the 13th century.
- Church of St. Nicholas, the oldest church in the country, is another most visited site in Kolding. It was also built in the 13th century.
- Municipal Museum of Kolding showcases a great collection of artwork from the Middle Ages. It includes gold and silver treasure, antiques from the past and castle parts.
- Trapholt Art Museum is another must-see attraction in Kolding, especially for the art lovers. It contains artwork from 1900 onwards and a unique collection of chairs.
- The botanical garden is the best place to visit for the nature lovers. It is spread over 12 hectare and contains more than 2000 species of plants.
Take a tour to Kolding in a rental car and reach the various tourist places of the city comfortably.