What does Hillerød have to Offer?
Beautifully nestled in the heart of North Sealand, the town of Hillerød is surrounded by the historic Frederiksborg Castle and the Gribskov forest. It offers an active cultural life with exciting experiences of music, theater, art and film. With a car rental, you can easily explore the charming streets to enjoy shopping and dining at the many malls and restaurants.
Popular Places to Visit in Hillerød
- Frederiksborg Castle: Situated in the castle lake, this magnificent castle is surrounded by the gorgeous Frederiksborg Palace Garden.
- Hillerod City Museum: This is an intriguing 3-floor museum on the Frederiksborg Castle Gardens showcasing exhibitions on the town’s history.
- Æbelholt Klosterruin: This is the site of the ruins of Æbelholt Abbey. A museum here shows the history of the site.
- Gribskov: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is the country’s fourth largest forest rich with a variety of wildlife, especially deer.
- Esrum Sø (Lake Esrum): This is one of Denmark’s most-visited lakes in central region of North Zealand where boat trips can be enjoyed.
Grab our affordable car hire deals for Hillerød and prepare yourself for a pleasant trip.